10% discount on 10+ courses
20% discount on 50+ courses
Call our sales team on 03300417268 to make an enquiryContact us
Health and Safety Level 3
This Level 3 Health and Safety training course aims to provide employers, managers and supervisors with a thorough understanding of the different aspects of health and safety in the workplace.
The course goes into detail about each area of health and safety that your business may encounter and provides information on how to undertake effective risk assessments and implement relevant, sufficient and appropriate control measures. The course gives an in-depth guide to health and safety legislation and aims to raise awareness of the responsibilities that all managers and supervisors are expected to maintain.
- Ensures compliance with UK Health and Safety legislation
- Developed by health and safety professionals
- Accredited by CPD and Approved by RoSPA
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Approximate duration: 3-4 hours
Who Should Take This Course?
This Level 3 Health and Safety in the Workplace course is suitable for all employers, managers and/or supervisors who have a responsibility for providing high health and safety standards in the workplace. This includes those who have responsibility for training employees, maintaining standards and enforcing a positive health and safety culture at work.
It is estimated that this course will take approximately 3-4 hours to complete (depending on learning speed).
On successful completion of the course you can instantly print a quality assured certificate. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also approved by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training.
The course is divided into interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end.
- Legislation and Risk Assessments
- Reporting and Investigating Accidents
- The Workplace and Work Equipment
- Fire and Explosion Responsibilities
- Fire and Explosion Control Measures
- Working at Height
- Vehicles: Worksite Hazards
- Vehicles: Driver Standards
- Vehicle Safety
- Conflict and Violence
- Alcohol and Drugs
- Working Safely With Hazardous Substances (COSHH)
- Types of Hazardous Substances (COSHH)
- Manual Handling: Risk Assessment
- Manual Handling: Reducing the Risks
- Employee Welfare and Emergency Procedures
- Positive Health and Safety Culture
- Role of Managers, Supervisors and PPE
- Staff Training
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain what is meant by 'Health and Safety'
- Identify common workplace incidents and general ways to reduce their risk
- Recite the procedure to carry out in the event of a fire and know which fire extinguisher should be used
- Understand the importance and use of PPE
- Explain the basics of COSHH and how to minimise the risk of hazardous substances
- Identify different types of safety signs and know about first aid In the workplace
- Understand the basics of working at height
- Work with display screens correctly
- Deal with violence in the workplace
- Identify the key causes of stress
- List the Do’s and Don’ts when it comes to electrical equipment
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 40 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.