10% discount on 10+ courses
20% discount on 50+ courses
Call our sales team on 03300417268 to make an enquiryContact us
Control of Substances Hazardous to Health- COSHH
Hazardous substances can affect anyone within the workplace, not just those who handle them regularly.
This COSHH training course is designed to give workers knowledge of the health risks surrounding work with hazardous substances, including how to undertake a COSHH assessment by identifying the risks and the control measures needed, and ensure that they understand how to work safely with hazardous substances.
- Ensures compliance with UK Health and Safety legislation
- Developed by Health & Safety Professionals
- Matches the CIEH Level 2 Syllabus
- Accredited by CPD and Approved by RoSPA
- Fully online course and assesFull audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 1 hour
Do You Comply With the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002?
Under the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations 2002, regulation 12 states that ‘every employer who undertakes work which is liable to expose an employee to a substance hazardous to health shall provide that employee with suitable and sufficient information, instruction and training.’ Employees also have a legal responsibility to co-operate fully with their employer in order to enable them to meet their legal obligations.
By providing effective COSHH training, employers can help to ensure that everyone in the workplace is competent to carry out their work safely. Managers, supervisors and other members of staff should be able to recognise the hazards posed by their work, be able to take action to reduce or eliminate the risks and understand how to follow procedures.
Who Should Take This COSHH Training Course?
Approximately one hour. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly learners study and absorb the material.
On successful completion of the course you will be able to download a quality assured certificate. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also approved by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training.
The course is divided into six accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
- Introduction to COSHH
- COSHH Legal Regulations
- Problems to Health From Hazardous Substances
- Identifying Hazardous Substances
- COSHH Risk Assessment and Control Measures
- Monitoring the Assessment and Health Surveillance
Aims of the Training
By the end of this course learners will:
- understand what COSHH stands for any why it is important
- understand where hazardous substances may be found
- understand the effects that dangerous substances can have on their health
- be able to identify danger warning symbols
- know how to assess risks and ensure control measures are used and maintained
- know how to carry out appropriate health surveillance
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 10 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.