Food Hygiene for Catering Level 3
This Food Hygiene/ Food Safety Level 3 course is essential for anybody wanting to advance their career in the Catering and Hospitality sectors. The course is also ideal for people running their own business and wanting to operate legally and safely.
This is one of our biggest selling courses and we have a 100% success rate!
Is this course accredited and recognised?
Yes, this course is fully approved by both IIRSM and CPD. Employers universally accept this qualification. You will be able to instantly download and print your certificate as soon as you successfully complete the course.
How long will this course take me?
Roughly 4-8 hours. But you don't have to do it all in one go. Our courses use the latest stop-start technology so you can learn at your own pace.
Who should take this course?
This course should be taken by Managers and Supervisors in all Catering and Hospitality businesses. You should also take this course if you own a business in either of the Catering or Hospitality sectors. This course also ensures compliance with Regulation (EC) No 852/2004 - the hygiene of foodstuffs.
What happens if I don't pass?
If you don't pass, we give you your money back. It's that simple. But don't worry, our experts are here to help you to succeed. We guarantee your success.
We build our courses so that you're able to better retain what you learn. This course is divided into 17 easy to follow interactive modules with a ‘knowledge checker’ after each topic. It includes a multiple-choice test at the end. The course covers the following:
✔️Introduction to Supervising Food Safety/ Food Hygiene
✔️Food Safety Legislation
✔️Food Poisoning and Food-Borne Illness
✔️Non-Bacterial Food Poisoning
✔️Checking, Verifying and Recording Temperatures
✔️Premises and Equipment Design
✔️Waste, Cleaning and Disinfection
✔️Implementing a Food Hygiene Management System
✔️Food Hygiene Management Tools
Aims of the Training Course
By the end of this Food Hygiene/ Food Safety course you will be able to:
- Categorise food into four distinct food groups
- Have knowledge of the way that bacteria can affect food and make it unfit for consumption, plus know how to control the risk
- Limit allergens from contaminating food
- Understand the basics of personal hygiene and why it is important
- Identify what is required from food premises for it to be food-safe
- Effectively clean equipment and the premises to stop bacterial growth and cross-contamination
- Explain the basics of a HACCP food safety management system and recognise the tools that can be used to do so
- Understand different ways in which food can be cooked, reheated or held
- Have an awareness of the relevant food hygiene legislation and how it can be complied with
- Be able to state the safe temperatures for cooking, chilling and freezing food and understand how to take temperature readings
- Know what the law requires in regards to personal hygiene when working in a food catering business
This Food Hygiene for Catering Level 3 course is accessed through a dedicated learner portal, and you will be instantly provided with the easy to use login details. The course is divided into bite-sized modules with a short quiz at the end of each. Once you have progressed through each of the modules, you can access a Test which consists of multiple-choice questions based on the material that you have studied.
Once you have passed the course, you can instantly download and print your certificate.
We are dedicated to helping you succeed. Our course includes dedicated tutor support and they are available to provide you with unlimited online email support to help answer any questions that you may have whilst you are studying the course. Remember: your success is our success!
Bulk Order Discounts10% discount on 5+ courses
20% discount on 10+ courses
Call our sales team on 0330 041 7268 to make an enquiry.