10% discount on 5+ courses
20% discount on 10+ courses
Call our sales team on 03300417268 to make an enquiryContact us
Level 3 Supervising Food Safety for Catering
This course is essential for any manager or supervisor in a catering business. All managers have an important role to play in promoting food safety legislation in the workplace, encouraging other staff members to follow good food hygiene practices and contributing towards the business’ food safety management system.
- Stop-Start technology meaning you learn at your convenience
- All device compliant meaning you can use laptop-tablet-smartphone
- Matches RSPH and CIEH level 3 syllabus
- Meets UK and EU legal requirements for food handlers
- Accredited by CPD and Approved by iirsm
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Approximate duration: 2-3 hours
- On completion, certificate is instantly downloadable
Who Should Take This Course?
This Level 3 Supervising Food Safety in Catering course is suitable for managers and supervisors in all types of catering business.
Regulation (EC) No 852/2004 on the hygiene of foodstuffs states that food handlers must be trained in food hygiene matters ‘commensurate with their work activities.' This Level 3 Supervising Food Safety in Catering course ensures that managers and supervisors comply with this regulation by providing a detailed knowledge of food safety principles, promoting best practice among workers in the retail premises and an understanding of how to implement a HACCP food safety management system.
Why Choose Intellelearn?
Intellelearn courses are designed to be both fun and educational. Our courses are fully interactive and with real learning rather than simply 'click-next'! Our training really does work!
It is estimated that this course will take approximately 2-3 hours to complete (depending on learning speed).
On successful completion of the course you will be able to download a quality assured certificate.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also approved by IIRSM, the International Institute for Risk and Safety Management, as providing quality and content-approved training.
The course is divided into 17 accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
- Introduction to Supervising Food Safety
- Food Safety Legislation
- Food Contamination
- Controlling Contamination
- Food Poisoning and Food-Borne Illness
- Non-Bacterial Food Poisoning
- Temperature Control
- Checking, Verifying and Recording Temperatures
- Food Preservation
- Premises and Equipment Design
- Waste, Cleaning and Disinfection
- Pest Control
- Personal Hygiene
- Training Staff
- Implementing a Food Safety Management System
- Food Safety Management Tools
Aims of the Training
By the end of this course learners will:
- Categorise food into four distinct food groups
- Have knowledge of the way that bacteria can affect food and make it unfit for consumption, plus know how to control the risk
- Limit allergens from contaminating food
- Understand the basics of personal hygiene and why it is important
- Identify what is required from a food premises in order for it to be food safe
- Effectively clean equipment and the premises in order to stop bacterial growth and cross-contamination
- Explain the basics of a HACCP food safety management system and recognise the tools that can be used to do so
- Understand different ways in which food can be cooked, reheated or held
- Have awareness of the relevant food safety legislation and how it can be complied with
- Be able to state the safe temperatures for cooking, chilling and freezing food and understand how to take temperature readings
- Know what the law requires in regards to personal hygiene when working in a food catering business
Once you have completed all of the online training material you will be able to take the online assessment. The assessment consists of 20 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%.
If you don't pass the assessment you can review the course material and take the assessment again as many times as necessary at no extra charge.