10% discount on 5+ courses
20% discount on 10+ courses
Call our sales team on 03300417268 to make an enquiryContact us
Level 3 Food Hygiene for Catering
We are so confident in our course we guarantee it! If you don't pass, we will give you your money back.
This Food Hygiene Level 3 course is ideal for anybody either working or wanting to work with teams in the catering sector. The course has 17 easy to follow modules that are all 'bite-sized' so you can learn at your own pace. Each module has a helpful 'knowledge checker' at the end and the course includes a final test that is unlocked once the modules are complete.
Introduction to Supervising Food Safety
Food Safety Legislation
Food Poisoning and Food-Borne Illness
Non-Bacterial Food Poisoning
Checking, Verifying and Recording Temperatures
Premises and Equipment Design
Waste, Cleaning and Disinfection
Implementing a Food Safety Management System
Food Safety Management Tools
Aims of the Training
By the end of this course learners will:
- Categorise food into four distinct food groups
- Have knowledge of the way that bacteria can affect food and make it unfit for consumption, plus know how to control the risk
- Limit allergens from contaminating food
- Understand the basics of personal hygiene and why it is important
- Identify what is required from a food premises in order for it to be food safe
- Effectively clean equipment and the premises in order to stop bacterial growth and cross-contamination
- Explain the basics of a HACCP food safety management system and recognise the tools that can be used to do so
- Understand different ways in which food can be cooked, reheated or held
- Have awareness of the relevant food safety legislation and how it can be complied with
- Be able to state the safe temperatures for cooking, chilling and freezing food and understand how to take temperature readings
- Know what the law requires in regards to personal hygiene when working in a food catering business
All Intellelearn courses include great content and the most advanced e-learn technology. This Food Hygiene course includes:
- Stop-Start technology meaning you learn at your convenience
- All device compliant meaning you can use laptop-tablet-smartphone
- Matches RSPH and CIEH level 3 syllabus
- Accredited by both the CPD and by iirsm
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- On completion, certificate is instantly downloadable
Who Should Take This Course?
Are you looking to develop your career in catering or hospitality? Are you already supervising or managing a team but without a formal qualification? This Food Hygiene Level 3 course is ideal for you!
It is estimated that this Food Hygiene Level 3 course will take approximately 2-3 hours to complete.
On successful completion of the course you will be able to download a quality assured certificate.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also accredited by IIRSM, the International Institute for Risk and Safety Management, as providing quality and content-approved training.
The online test is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 40 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
We are dedicated to helping you succeed. Our course includes dedicated tutor support and they are available to provide you with unlimited online email support to help answer any questions that you may have whilst you are studying the course. Remember: your success is our success!
Quite simple: if you don't pass it; you don't pay for it! We will reimburse you your full money if you do not pass this Food Hygiene Level 3 course.