10% discount on 5+ courses
20% discount on 10+ courses
Call our sales team on 03300417268 to make an enquiryContact us
Level 3 HACCP Online Course
It is essential that all food and drink businesses implement an effective food safety management system based on the 7 principles of HACCP on their premises.
This Level 3 HACCP online training course is for managers and supervisors. The course is designed to help learners understand what is involved in a successful HACCP food safety management system. The course takes the learner through the essential steps of the HACCP planning process and helps the learner to understand how to identify food safety hazards, select relevant control measures and ensure the HACCP system continues to operate efficiently and effectively.
- Accredited by CPD and iirsm
- Fully online course with assessment
- Approximate duration: 2-3 hours
Who is this HACCP Level 3 course for?
This course is ideal for managers and supervisors working in all food and drink premises, including retail, manufacturing and catering businesses. The course is designed to help the learner and the business comply with the EU Regulation (EC) No 852/2004. This regulation requires all food businesses to implement and manage an effective food management system based on the principles of HACCP.
It is estimated that this course will take approximately 2-3 hours to complete (depending on learning speed).
On successful completion of the course you will be able to download a quality assured certificate.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also accredited by IIRSM, the International Institute for Risk and Safety Management, as providing quality and content-approved training.
The course is divided into fifteen accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end.
- An Introduction to HACCP
- HACCP and The Law
- HACCP Alternatives
- Planning a HACCP System
- Food Safety Hazards
- Prerequisite Programmes
- Creating the HACCP System
- Principle 1: Hazard Analysis
- Principle 2: Critical Control Points
- Principle 3: Critical Limits
- Principle 4: Monitoring Critical Control Points
- Principle 5: Corrective Action
- Principle 6: Verification of the HACCP System
- Principle 7: Documentation
- Implementing the HACCP System
Aims of the Level 3 HACCP Training
By the end of this course learners will:
- Explain the importance of HACCP systems and the background of food safety management
- Understand the legal requirements pertaining to HACCP and food safety management systems that can be chosen
- Develop the essential hygiene prerequisites as foundations for effective HACCP
- Recite the seven principles of HACCP
- Understand the importance of having effective prerequisite programmes in place
- Explain the different approaches to the use of HACCP
- Understand the significance of critical limits and corrective action and know why these need to be carefully monitored
- Know how to validate and verify the HACCP plan and understand the importance of keeping documentation
- Develop a HACCP plan
- Carry out hazard analysis and defining control measures
- Identify critical control points (CCPs)
- Control CCPs - limits, monitoring and corrective action
Manage a HACCP plan
- Application, implementation, verification and maintenance of HACCP
- Roles, resources, communication, training and development
- Challenging HACCP effectiveness
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 20 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.