10% discount on 10+ courses
33% discount on 50+ courses
Call our sales team on 03300417268 to make an enquiryContact us
Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety for Catering Course
This Level 2 course is ideal for anybody working with food or drink in the catering sector. The course covers all aspects of controlling food safety hazards, food storage, controlling temperatures, food preparation, personal hygiene and premises cleaning.
Our courses are fully interactive and incorporate gamification throughout to ensure the learner remains engaged. Our course:
- Stop-Start technology meaning you learn at your convenience
- All device compliant meaning you can use laptop-tablet-smartphone
- Matches RSPH and CIEH level 2 syllabus
- Meets UK and EU legal requirements for food handlers
- Accredited by CPD and Approved by iirsm
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Approximate duration: 30-45 minutes
- On completion, certificate is instantly downloadable
Who Should Take This Course?
This Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety for Catering course ensures that you comply with all legal responsibility by providing learners with a thorough knowledge of the correct food and drink handling practices.
Why Choose Intellelearn?
Intellelearn courses are designed to be both fun and educational. Our courses are fully interactive and with real learning rather than simply 'click-next'! Our training really does work!
Approximately 30-45 minutes to complete. As an e-learning course you can complete this training in convenient stages.
The course is divided into 8 accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end.
- Food Safety Legislation – food handlers and the law
- Microbiological Hazards – the top 10 causes of food poisoning
- Physical, Chemical and Allergenic Hazards – types of physical contamination
- Food Storage – food labeling and storage
- Food Preparation – cooking, reheating, taking food temperatures
- Personal Hygiene – food handler responsibilities
- Food Premises Design and Cleaning Schedules – food premises and the law
- Further Information – Safer Food Better Business
Aims of the Course
By the end of the course learners will be able to demonstrate that they can:
- Identify food hygiene hazards.
- Describe safe food practice.
- Apply controls to achieve high standards of food hygiene.
- Explain the principles of food safety management systems.
- Work in a way that is ethical for the consumer and fulfills your legal obligations as a food handler.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 10 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.