10% discount on 10+ courses
33% discount on 50+ courses
Contact us to discuss incredible discounts for 100+ courses!
Call our sales team on 03300417268 to make an enquiryContact us
Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety for Catering Course
We are so confident in our course we guarantee it! If you don't pass, we will give you your money back.
This Food Hygiene/Safety Level 2 course is ideal for anybody working with food or drink in the catering sector. The course is also designed for anybody wanting to work in the catering sector. The course covers all aspects of controlling food safety hazards, food storage, controlling temperatures, food preparation, personal hygiene and premises cleaning.
Our courses are fully interactive to ensure the learner remains engaged. Our course:
- Stop-Start technology meaning you learn at your convenience
- All device compliant meaning you can use laptop-tablet-smartphone
- Matches RSPH and CIEH level 2 syllabus
- Meets UK and EU legal requirements for food handlers
- Accredited by both the CPD and by iirsm
- Fully online course and test with no time limits
- Approximate duration: 30-45 minutes
- On completion, certificate is instantly downloadable
Who Should Take This Course?
This Food Safety course is for anybody working in the food services industry. It is also for people wanting to work in the catering sector including bars/pubs; restaurants; hotels; fast food outlets etc. If you work with food or drink you must be trained in Food Hygiene/Safety so you can apply the learning to your work.
This course is suitable for people at all stages of their career and the skills and knowledge that you will gain will enable you to work confidently, competently and safely in the food catering sector.
Approximately 30-45 minutes to complete. As an e-learning course you can complete this training in convenient stages.
The course is divided into 8 easy to follow interactive modules and includes a multiple choice test at the end.
- Food Safety Legislation – food handlers and the law
- Microbiological Hazards – the top 10 causes of food poisoning
- Physical, Chemical and Allergenic Hazards – types of physical contamination
- Food Storage – food labeling and storage
- Food Preparation – cooking, reheating, taking food temperatures
- Personal Hygiene – food handler responsibilities
- Food Premises Design and Cleaning Schedules – food premises and the law
- Further Information – Safer Food Better Business
Aims of the Course
By the end of the course learners will be able to demonstrate that they can:
- Identify food hygiene hazards.
- Describe safe food practice.
- Apply controls to achieve high standards of food hygiene.
- Explain the principles of food safety management systems.
- Work in a way that is ethical for the consumer and fulfills your legal obligations as a food handler.
We are dedicated to helping you succeed. Our course includes dedicated tutor support and they are available to provide you with unlimited online email support to help answer any questions that you may have whilst you are studying the course. Remember: your success is our success!
The online test is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 20 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
Quite simple: if you don't pass it; you don't pay for it! We will reimburse you your full money if you do not pass this Food Hygiene Level 2 course.