11-20 Learners = save 10%
21-30 Learners = save 15%
> 31 Learners = save 20%
Call our sales team on 03300417268 to make an enquiryContact us
Kaizen and Time Wastes Course
This Course is a great way to introduce people to the concept of Kaizen in the workplace. The course will also build upon the knowledge of people already familiar with the subject.
The purpose of Kaizen goes beyond simple productivity improvement. When done correctly, the process humanises the workplace, eliminates overly hard work, and teaches people how to spot and eliminate waste in business processes.
The learner will understand that the continuous cycle of Kaizen activity has seven phases:
- Identify an opportunity
- Analyze the process
- Develop an optimal solution
- Implement the solution
- Study the results
- Standardize the solution
- Plan for the future
The course will show Kaizen activities cover improvements in a number of areas, including:
- Quality – Bettering products, service, work environment, practice and processes.
- Cost – Reducing expenses and manpower, and use of material, energy and resources.
- Delivery – Cutting delivery time, movement and non-value-added activities
- Management – Improving procedures, training, morale, administration, planning, flow, information systems, documentation and reporting.
- Safety – Decreasing hazardous situations, unsafe working conditions, chances of resource depletion and damage to the environment.
Why take this Kaizen and the Wastes course?
Intellelearn courses are designed to be both fun and educational. Our courses are fully interactive and with real learning rather than simply 'click-next'!
This course will help people learn the principles of Kaizen and show how to apply the principles within their work environment.
Upon completion of this course, learners will be able to understand the key principles of Kaizen and Time Wastes and will be able to discuss how to drive business benefits such as:
- Improved productivity
- Reduced waste
- Better safety
- Greater customer satisfaction
By the end of the course learners will understand:
- The definition of work and wastes
- Definition of value-adding, non value-adding and waste
- Waste identification techniques
- Development of countermeasures to reduce wastes
- Evolution of waste reduction activities
The content of this course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Approximately one to two hours. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly learners can study and absorb the material. Learners can proceed as quickly or slowly as they like.
There are no entry requirements for this course but completion of the Introduction to Continuous Improvement course will help learners new to CI/Lean thinking.
Test and certificate
The end of course test consists of 10 multiple choice questions. Learners are required to achieve a 80% pass mark, and, if necessary, may attempt the test three times at no extra cost.
If learners do not achieve the 80% pass mark, further attempts may be given by contacting our support team.
Learners will be able to download a digital certificate on completion. This can be printed, and we suggest you keep it for your records.