10% discount on 10+ courses
20% discount on 50+ courses
Call our sales team on 03300417268 to make an enquiryContact us
Personal Safety for Lone Workers
This Personal Safety for Lone Worker online course will provide you with a variety of practical controls that you can implement in your work environment to help keep lone workers safe from harm.
The course is divided into 4 easy to follow interactive modules and includes a multiple choice test at the end. This course covers:
- Introduction to Lone Working – who are lone workers? What are the risks? What does the law say about lone working? Employer and lone worker responsibilities.
- Risk Assessments and Control Measures –what is a risk assessment? Consulting employees, identifying the hazards, deciding who might be harmed, evaluating the risks, control measures for lone workers, control measures for accidents and emergencies, recording findings and reviewing and updating.
- Setting Up a Safe System of Work – the hierarchy of control, advantages of lone working, when lone working cannot be avoided, reducing the risks, first aid and emergency procedures, monitoring and supervision and training.
By the end of this course learners will:
- Define what is meant by ‘Lone Working’ and describe the legal obligations associated with it
- Identify potential risks and how to control them
- Supervise and train Lone Workers to verify they are working safely
- Understand the different steps required when undertaking a risk assessment.
- Be aware of the appropriate control measures that can be implemented in order to keep lone workers safe from harm.
- Understand what needs to be included in a safe system of work for lone workers.
This Intellelearn Personal Safety for Lone Worker course includes:
- Stop-Start technology meaning you learn at your convenience
- All device compliant meaning you can use laptop-tablet-smartphone at anytime
- Developed by Health & Safety Professionals
- Accredited by both RoSPA and CPD
- Approximate duration: 1 hour
This Personal Safety for Lone Worker online course is fully accredited by both RoSPA (Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents) and CPD. You will be able to instantly download and print your certificate as soon as you successfully complete the course. This qualification is universally accepted by all employers.
This Personal Safety for Lone Worker course is accessed through a dedicated learner portal and you will be provided the easy to use login details. The course is divided into modules with a short quiz at the end of each to test your knowledge. Once you have progressed through each of the modules you can access a quiz which consists of 20 multiple choice questions based on the material that you have studied.
Once you have passed the course you can download your course certificate in PDF from your learner area. If you don't pass the course first time, don't worry, you can resit the test as many times as required.
The Personal Safety for Lone Worker course takes approximately 60 minutes to complete. As an e-learning course you can complete this training in convenient stages.
We are dedicated to helping you succeed. Our course includes dedicated tutor support and they are available to provide you with unlimited online email support to help answer any questions that you may have whilst you are studying the course. Remember: your success is our success!
Who Should Take This Course?
This online course is designed for anybody who has to work alone or who is left alone with customers or other members of the public at some time in their working day. The course is also ideal for managers and colleagues of Lone Workers.