10% discount on 5+ courses
20% discount on 10+ courses
Call our sales team on 03300417268 to make an enquiryContact us
Level 3 Food Hygiene for Retail Business- Fully Accredited Course just £55.00
We are so confident in our course we guarantee it! If you don't pass, we will give you your money back.
This Local Authority Approved Food Hygiene Level 3 course is essential for any manager or supervisor in a food retail establishment. All managers have an important role to play in promoting food safety in the workplace, encouraging other staff members to follow good food hygiene practices and contributing towards the business’ food safety management system.
This Food Hygiene Level 3 course is divided into 14 easy to follow interactive modules and includes a multiple choice test at the end:
- Introduction to Supervising Food Safety
- Food Safety Legislation
- Food Contamination
- Controlling Contamination
- Micro-Organisms, Food Poisoning and Viruses
- Non-Bacterial Food Poisoning
- Temperature Control
- Checking, Verifying and Recording Temperatures
- Waste, Cleaning and Disinfection
- Pest Control
- Personal Hygiene
- Training Staff
- Implementing a Food Safety Management System
- Training Staff
Aims of the Training
By the end of this Food Hygiene course learners will:
- Categorise food into four distinct food groups
- Have knowledge of the way that bacteria can affect food and make it unfit for consumption, plus know how to control the risk
- Limit allergens from contaminating food
- Understand the basics of personal hygiene and why it is important
- Identify what is required from a food premises in order for it to be food safe
- Effectively clean equipment and the premises in order to stop bacterial growth and cross-contamination
- Explain the basics of a HACCP food safety management system and recognise the relevance of auditing and inspection
- Understand different ways in which food can be cooked, reheated or held
- Have awareness of the relevant food safety legislation and how it can be complied with
- Be able to state the safe temperatures for cooking, chilling and freezing food and understand how to take temperature readings.
- Know what the law requires in regards to personal hygiene when working in a food retail premises.
Our courses are fully interactive to ensure the learner remains entertained and engaged. Our course:
- Local Authority Approved
- Stop-Start technology meaning you learn at your convenience
- All device compliant so you can use laptop-tablet-smartphone
- Matches RSPH and CIEH level 3 syllabus
- Accredited by both the CPD and by iirsm
- Approximate duration: 2-3 hours
- On completion, certificate is instantly downloadable
Who Should Take This Course?
This Level 3 Food Hygiene in Retail course is suitable for managers and supervisors in all types of food and drink retail establishments. The course is also designed for people wanting to move into supervisory management and the skills and knowledge that the learner will gain will enable them to work confidently, competently and safely in the food retail sector.
Why Choose Intellelearn?
Intellelearn courses are designed to be both fun and educational. Our courses are fully interactive and with real learning rather than simply 'click-next'! Our training really does work!
It is estimated that this course will take approximately 2-3 hours to complete (depending on learning speed).
On successful completion of the course you will be able to download and print a quality assured certificate.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also accredited by IIRSM, the International Institute for Risk and Safety Management, as providing quality and content-approved training.
We are dedicated to helping you succeed. Our course includes dedicated tutor support and they are available to provide you with unlimited online email support to help answer any questions that you may have whilst you are studying the course. Remember: your success is our success!
Once you have completed all of the online course you will be able to take the simple multiple choice test. The Final Test consists of multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
Quite simple: if you don't pass it; you don't pay for it! We will reimburse you your full money if you do not pass this Food Hygiene Level 3 course.