10% discount on 10+ courses
20% discount on 50+ courses
Call our sales team on 03300417268 to make an enquiryContact us
Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety for Manufacturing Course- Fully Accredited and Guaranteed
We are so confident in our course we guarantee it! If you don't pass, we will give you your money back.
This Local Authority Approved Food Hygiene Level 2 course is ideal for anybody working with food or drink in the manufacturing sector. The course is also designed for anybody wanting to work in the food and drink manufacturing sector. The course covers all aspects with regards to controlling food safety hazards, food storage, controlling temperatures, food preparation, personal hygiene and premises cleaning.
The course is divided into 6 easy to follow interactive modules and includes a multiple choice test at the end. The course covers:
- Food Safety Legislation – food handlers and the law
- Microbiological Hazards – the top 10 causes of food poisoning
- Physical, Chemical and Allergenic Hazards – types of physical contamination
- Food Storage – choosing a supplier, food distribution and deliveries, food labeling and storage
- Food Preparation and Processing – thawing frozen food, cooking and reheating
- Personal Hygiene – food handler responsibilities
- Food Premises Design and Cleaning Schedules – principles of design, waste management, cleaning and disinfection
- Further Information - how to register a food business, contacting the local authority, legal documents and FSA publications.
Aims of the Training
By the end of the course learners will be able to demonstrate that they can:
- Explain what food hygiene is and the hazards associated with it
- Categorise food into four distinct food groups
- Identify ways in which food poisoning can be caused and how to control these hazards
- Limit allergens from contaminating food
- Understand the basics of personal hygiene and why it is important
- Identify what is required from a food premises in order for it to be food safe
- Put measures in place to control pests
- Effectively clean equipment and the premises in order to stop bacterial growth and cross-contamination
Our courses are fully interactive throughout to ensure the learner remains engaged. Our course:
- Local Authority Approved
- Stop-Start technology meaning you learn at your convenience
- All device compliant meaning you can use laptop-tablet-smartphone
- Matches RSPH and CIEH level 2 syllabus
- Meets UK and EU legal requirements for food handlers
- Accredited by both the CPD and by iirsm
- Approximate duration: 30-45 minutes
- On completion, certificate is instantly downloadable
Who Should Take This Course?
This Food Safety course is for anybody working in the food manufacturing industry. It is also for people wanting to work in the manufacturing sector including factories, bakeries etc. If you work with food or drink you must be trained in Food Hygiene/Safety so you can apply the learning to your work.
This course is suitable for people at all stages of their career and the skills and knowledge that you will gain will enable you to work confidently, competently and safely in the food manufacturing sector.
Why Choose Intellelearn?
Intellelearn courses are designed to be both fun and educational. Our courses are fully interactive and with real learning rather than simply 'click-next'! Our training really does work!
Approximately 30-45 minutes to complete. As an e-learning course you can complete this training in convenient stages.
We are dedicated to helping you succeed. Our course includes dedicated tutor support and they are available to provide you with unlimited online email support to help answer any questions that you may have whilst you are studying the course. Remember: your success is our success!
The online test is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
Quite simple: if you don't pass it; you don't pay for it! We will reimburse you your full money if you do not pass this Food Hygiene Level 2 course.