11-20 Learners = save 10%
21-30 Learners = save 15%
> 31 Learners = save 20%
Call our sales team on 03300417268 to make an enquiryContact us
Set-Up Improvement Course
This Course is a great way to introduce people to the concept of Set-Up Improvement/Reduction in the workplace. The course will also build upon the knowledge of people already familiar with the subject.
The learner will understand the principles of Set-Up Improvement/Reduction are the absolute minimum amount of time needed to changeover from one activity to another, to minimise the amount of time the equipment remains idle, thereby responding faster to customer needs. The learner will understand Set-Up Improvement helps:
- Improve Flexibility: Changes in customer demands are easy to accommodate without excess inventory
- Improve Quality: Quicker feedback from customer/customer process, reduced process variability
- Reduce Lead Time: Shrink the time it takes to get product to the customer
- Increase Capacity: Improved Operational Availability
- Reduce Inventory: Dramatic cost improvements
- Improve Safety: Simpler setups = safer setups
- Support Pull System Implementation: Quicker setup/changeovers facilitate small lot production, small lot production facilitates pull systems
Why take this Set-Up Improvement course?
Intellelearn courses are designed to be both fun and educational. Our courses are fully interactive and with real learning rather than simply 'click-next'!
This course will help people learn the principles of Set-Up Improvement and show how to apply the principles within their work environment.
The learner will understand Set-Up Improvement is a model to drive out non value adding processes in all organisations whether they are in manufacturing or the service sector. The learner will understand Set-Up Improvement/Reduction is a customer focused process that brings the following benefits:
- Lower costs
- Reduction in non-value adding processes
- Improved response to customer demands
- Reduction in set-up related waste
By the end of the course learners will understand:
- The principles of Set-Up Improvement
- An understanding of Set-Up Improvement techniques in the workplace
- How to apply Set-Up Improvement systems
- How to continue Set-Up Improvement system principles in the workplace
The content of this course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Approximately one to two hours. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly learners can study and absorb the material. Learners can proceed as quickly or slowly as they like.
There are no entry requirements for this course but completion of the Introduction to Continuous Improvement course will help learners new to CI/Lean thinking.
Test and certificate
The end of course test consists of 10 multiple choice questions. Learners are required to achieve a 80% pass mark, and, if necessary, may attempt the test three times at no extra cost.
If learners do not achieve the 80% pass mark, further attempts may be given by contacting our support team.
Learners will be able to download a digital certificate on completion. This can be printed, and we suggest you keep it for your records.