10% discount on 10+ courses
20% discount on 50+ courses
Call our sales team on 03300417268 to make an enquiryContact us
Food Allergen Awareness Training
We are so confident in our course we guarantee it! If you don't pass, we will give you your money back.
All food and drink handlers have a legal responsibility to ensure that the produce they manufacture, sell or serve is safe for the consumer to eat, and this is particularly true when providing food products to people with food allergies or intolerance.
This online Food Allergen Awareness course will teach you more about the foods that commonly trigger allergic reactions and develop your understanding of the legal responsibilities of a food handler in regards to allergen labeling and declaring which allergens are present in your food products.
The course ensures that you will comply with your duties under the Food Labeling Regulations 1996 and the European Provision of Food Information to Consumers Regulation 2011, which require all food handlers to have knowledge of allergens and be able to provide allergen information for all food sold.
- Ensures compliance with the European Provision of Food Information to Consumers Regulation 2011
- Fully accredited by CPD and iirsm
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Approximate duration: 30-45 minutes
Who Should Take This Course?
This course is suitable for food and drink handlers in all types of establishments, including catering, retail and manufacturing businesses. The course is appropriate for workers of all levels including managers and supervisors, full-time staff and part-time staff.
Approximately 30-45 minutes. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly learners study and absorb the material.
On successful completion of the course you will be able to download a quality assured certificate.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also accredited by iirsm, the International Institute for Risk and Safety Management, as providing quality and content-approved training.
The course is divided into 4 easy to follow modules includes a multiple choice test at the end:
- Introduction to Allergens
- Allergens and the Law
- Controlling Allergenic Contamination: Ingredients
- Controlling Allergenic Contamination: Hygiene
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course learners will:
- Identify the 14 allergenic ingredients that must be declared in food products
- Be aware of the common symptoms of allergic reactions
- Have knowledge of the legal responsibilities of food handlers in regards to allergen labeling and declaration
- Understand the differences between food allergies, food intolerance, anaphylaxis and coeliac disease
- Explain the appropriate actions to take to minimise the risk of allergen contamination
- Consider the different kinds of allergens that may be found in certain types of cuisine
The online test is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 10 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
Quite simple: if you don't pass it; you don't pay for it! We will reimburse you your full money if you do not pass this Food Allergen Awareness course.